yo so check this out: I work with a woman from Sweden - and what's the one thing you've always wondered about their culture (besides how accurately IKEA portrays their lifestyle (the answer is that it's their main export and they all worship it))? Yes, you and I are on the same page, because today I asked Therese exactly what you're thinking. And the answer is no, swedish fish have nothing to do with Sweden. I'm as shocked as you.. in fact, she had never even heard of them, though they do have some black candy that's not sweet(I think we ran into a language barrier at this point in the conversation, because for some reason that doesn't seem relevant).
OK, now I'm really confused. As I was just about to post this I double checked wikipedia... sure enough, the swedish fish we know and love are actually a branch off from a Swedish candy company named Malaco, who made little black fish shaped "salted herring" (or salmiak) flavored confections. Don't toy with my mind, Sweden. Take your herring flavoured dessert back to your neutral country and stick to watchmaking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
love typos..lemme try this again
just so you know, switzerland are the tradionally neutral watchmakers, but perhaps ive just fallen for some of that famous corcoran-schwartz sarcasm.
- the old roomie DG
good blog btw, if you want somethin fun to read check out my newest project http://www.cerealblogger.com . spread the word if you like it sir
I'm shocked.
Post a Comment