Monday, February 5, 2007

Sweet songs

Aight, real quick because I need to share my expertise in the field of soundtrack trance music with the world: so last night I spent a little time (OK, two hours) trying to find and download the theme songs from a) requiem for a dream, and b) saw. You'd know them if you heard them, and you'd say "sweet" (the Saw song was most recently heard in the trailer for deja vu - you know, when you get the feeling you've seen Denzel play the exact same role before; oh, and the movie is called Deja Vu as well - life imitating life imitating art - not a typo). Anyway, I'm happy to say I've found and downloaded both songs, and since I'm such an ambassador to the world of aural pleasure (I'm like Monica Lewinsky's homonymn), the songs are thus: Requiem for a Dream soundtrack: Lux Aeterna (also re-orchestrated more intensely for The Two Towers previews, and called Requiem for a Ring - it can also be heard as the base (not bass) beat for "What You Been Sippin' On" by Jim Jones, Paul Wall, Diddy, and Jha Jha); the other song is on the Saw (1) soundtrack, and is under the title "Hello Zepp" (it's by Charles Clauser or Clousen or something). Don't tell me you're not currently on your knees thanking whatever deity it is you thank for my existance.
Needless to say, I listened to all three (Lux, Ring, and Zepp) walking to work today, and I'm pretty sure I felt as invincible as if I were on PCP. By the time I got to the lab, I was so amped I couldn't wait for the elevator - I tore my way through the doors into the elevator shaft, and climbed the cable with my teeth. It's 230 pm and I'm finally calming down (yet I keep wistling the requiem song to myself, and anyone within earshot). One.

No comments: