Friday, December 15, 2006

durnk

you want spontanaieyt? I'm here, live and spontaneous at 1248 pm my time (i mean am). First, we had a ferry ride accross the bay as a lab bonding exercise. This ride, which passed right under the purported hole in the ozone, fried my skin like the fish and chips we ate on the other side. Then we headed back for sume much need ed beer and crikcet watching. so for the last 8 hours, i hae been beering and cricketing watching. It's true thwat they say about auussies - these mofos can drink. i would be remiss saying they drink beer like water, because i've drunk this much wwater before, and still was uncofmortalbe. they drink beer like they breatrh air, it's simply a necessity. after each one of the 4 of us bough t 2 rounds ("it's my shout" = this round will be depricating the value of my wallet), they were going strong. This was just the beginning. They are vampires, slaking their thirst on the malty goodness of yeast fermentation instead of midnight lifeblood. After the second bar, I needed resucitation, and so retreated to my abode, and here a i am. This all is after I stopped at my lab to pick up my ipod and to use the facilities. speaking of which, yesterday I used said facilities twice, and both times, there was the same guy in there, all unkempt. He looks like a derelique version of the boss on the british version of "the office". This man is on my shitting schedule. How does this happen. How, with 480 minutes of the wokring day, dides this man happen to be in the baffromm ath the same time as myself? Flabergasted though i was, i neglected to ask hi mhis intent.
and speaking of yeast fiermentation, I actually have grown accustomed to vegemite. The stuff is a little wiird at first (and by wierd i mean, you say to yourself: "ah, i am consuming the very refuse of the creature used to make beer"), but you get used to it, after buffering it with such common household condiments as butter and Pb. (peanut butter, not the elemental formula for lead). If you think I haven't tried it with tuna fish, you are clearly insane.

And speaking of insane, I saw a man on the tram yesterday, who was clearly off his rocker. Not even close to his rocker. In a different zip code from his rocker. He had that crazy (you know) look in his eye, and still had an IV line stuck in his arm (this man was not in captivity, mind you). He also had the very skinny facial features indicative of AIDS patients (this is not funny). Aside from the sunken cheeks, however (now this is funny) he looked exactly like craig. I mean exactly. And I've seen pictures of craig's family, and he is not one of them, he's simply a lunatic version of CDP only australian... well, you know what i mean. Alright, I need to pass out and asleep off this brew. one

1 comment:

Craig said...

Ah, it appears that my HIV-riddled, insane twin, separated from me at birth by gypsies, is still alive and kicking. He is the Ying to my Yang, the antithesis of all that I am; "Evil Craig" if you will. Under no circumstances is he to be trusted, even though the passing resemblance to myself will probably make you want to idolise him, in much the same way as you did me back in the USA. Try to resist!