Because these posts don't necessarily focus on my most common day-to-day activities (like someone else's blog I know), such as impregnating runway models and dealing Indonesian heroin to outback bushwackers, I've decided to help a friend in need by generating web traffic to a competing blog. My boy Russ is currently in the snow-capped tundra of northern Italy, a small oasis of paradise (for him) in what is otherwise a dark, uneducated, and generally european-influenced (and that's not a good thing) region. I've been looking for a reason to blatantly tell you vultures to check out his blog (though half of you are the same people already reading it), especially since I'm sure his page could use the views. I don't ask much, and I'm sure it would make him feel better --> Russ's Verbal Hemorrhaging . Recently he posted a glowing discourse re: my influence on his entrance to this wonderful little realm we call a blogosphere. It also contains brief anecdotes about how I have been a shining light in his oft bleakened world, especially when I helped him through the tough time when questioning his sexuality.
His writing style is actually similar to mine, albeit slightly more "juvenile" and "unrefined" (it could also be described as "ill constructed", "lacking a central thesis", "improperly punctuated", "containing base humor", and "an embarrassingly poor attempt at syntax"), but otherwise quite like my own award winning brand of literary entertainment.
I will be away all weekend in the beachfront town of Lorne (again...trust me, I will type up a brief review of my last visit ), so emails will not find their way to the back of my retinas until monday evening. Oh, in a completely random story, I was playing basketball today, umm, I mean gently massaging my knee in rehab and avoiding anything that might compromise the structural integrity of my joints, when I ran into a guy by the name of Greg (also playing basketball) with whom I happened to have played baseball at Hopkins. Crazy. Small ass world even, if you want to submit copyright violation fines to Mike Eisner.
Oh, and as for the above treatment of my boy russ as my redheaded diarist stepchild, it is all very facetious. Russ is quite possibly the greatest grammatical classmate I had under the tutelage of one Mrs. Thistle, I just felt the need to finally enact revenge for his telling our peers that I got beaten up in 7th grade, when I first befriended the lost soul. I had a sprained ankle from playing a real sport. Oh, and he can't consistently beat me at foosball, that's just baloney. So in conclusion I have tons of respect for him and his blog (you should also check out www.cerealblogger.com, my friend Dan's blog about our favorite way to start the day), and Russel is a great guy and truly a great friend.
Like me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for the plug, and the mispelling of my name. XOXO Russell
Post a Comment