First, a brief apology. I haven't been nearly active enough in providing free entertainment to you people. Since my life centers around making others happy, I really should keep up the good work on this site more often. Thanks and praise are not needed.
So I'm in the process of looking for new digs, in light of the recent experiences here in "crime-free" australia. That and my landlady probably has three 6's birth-marked into her scalp. Most recently she "repaired" my doorframe, reinforcing it with what appears to be an erector set. Upon entering my domain, I was greeted with the distinct aroma of sawdust and band-saw, first noticing my fortified doorframe, and then the coating of dust and paint chips on everything in my room. Of course there was. I mean everywhere - on my clothes, my briefcase, my rug, my bed, etc - even in my D-Wades! First, she's not allowed to enter even for repairs w/o notifying me first (never happened), and then, common courtesy should take over. Apparently not (speaking of common courtesy, it's apparantly the goal of my favorite Richard Simmons-doppelganger (sp?) to consistently hound me at the gym - the other day, after I nodded an acknowledgement of his presence in his direction, he came over to ask if I were carrying a towel to wipe down benches - I was, he just wanted to interrupt and let me know he's the boss - of course he is). I dont' even have the energy to confront my landlady about it, mainly because I plan on breaking my lease and just dont' want any hassle (she is also attempting to charge me extra for electricity because having a fan in my room is not part of the lease; i've skimmed the 157 page Tenancies Act here, and I'm pretty sure she's not getting a cent for it out of me). But in the search for a new place, i'm strongly leaning toward this sweet-ass apartment down the road from the city a bit, in a really nice area, on the top of a 23 story building. It's damn nice, but pricy - 900 a month, $AU (or AUD), after bills are said and done. Thinking about it, thinking, thinking..... don't want to think to long though (plus the dude goes surfing every weekend - who knows, I could inherit the whole place if he gets eaten by a shark).
On a completely unrelated note, Christina sent me something to completely change my outlook and raise my spirits. The final 2 episodes of Nip Tuck, season 4. I'm with you, Jon, I love where they're going with the show, literally. I've also begun downloading 24 Season 6 from iTunes, can't sleep anymore. Is the show completely over the top? Yes. Are the lines totally canned and could be predicted by a macaque? Yes. Do I blink while watching the show, or tolerate any bad mouthing at all about its quality? No and no. I need this show. It is crafted, as if by Hephaestus himself, in the heavens to reward TV watchers for their continued allegience to all things action-packed. Christ it's amazing. On another note, since I get the show a day after it comes out, you are not, under any circumstances, to ask me what I thought of a certain part or tell me part anyting about it until I publicly disclose the fact I've watched that episode. I'm deadly serious. You've read my file, you know what I'm capable of. Needless to say I've already watched the first few episodes, and am taken by Kumar's performance. What's that got, like 5 "O"'s and 2 "U"'s? No no, there's just one "O" in "overacting" - Ya, Bull shit.
Finally, how many continents are there? 7 Right? We're all agreed on this? Because here they're all taught that there're 5: Aussie, Africa, Antarctica, Eurasia, and Americas. In fact, one girl at a party after naming 4, said, no lie, "what's the last one, Greenland?" Who taught these people geography, Shaq?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah, talk about stoopid! Everyone knows that it is Tasmania.....right!?
We were taught the 7 continent model when I was back in school....
(pause to allow insertion of a joke about there only being 2 continents when I was in school; Laurasia and Gondwana. Feign amusement and continue)
.....but I guess Australia doesn't count the geopolitically insignificant landmasses of Antarctica and North America anymore.
Hi Ian! I love reading your blog...after a month of no internet capabilities at work, this is great! Finally, mindless entertainment again (although, I guess it involves reading). Australia sounds a lot cooler than DC.
Post a Comment